Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bookr and Flickr



Bookr is a pretty simple way to illustrate a story or poem. I chose to use it with the poem Acuarela by Clarisa Ruiz because the poem is short and its very nature demands images. It was a fun way to make the meaning accessible in multiple ways. This is how I would like to use digital storytelling in my classroom. Since I love poetry, this would be a great way to incorporate something I enjoy into my lessons. Students will probably enjoy poetry better if they can portray it and explain it using images like this.

This would be a great way for students to practice their literacy skills, increase their vocabulary, learn about creative commons licencing and intellectual property, and use their own creative interpretations and skills to represent a Spanish poem with pictures. It would be a neat idea to have students create Flickr accounts and their own images for the books. This could even work in conjunction with their art classes. There are so many possibilities, all of which I think students would find more enjoyable then a standard reading/discussion of poetry.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Your use of this tool to make the poem more accessible was a great idea!